Saturday, July 31, 2010

First outing with sling

my bub in my 2nd sling...sooo observant

Ilham's first outing to the park using sling was to the Christchurch botanic garden + Hagley Park at  3 months old...of course after I  feel comfortable putting her in it..and after  many practice at home!!My 2nd sling was also bought off Trademe for $18.. really nearly new conditions... was a good bargain for me!!! It is Babasling.. a close tail type...with clip at the end of the tail. Padded  shoulder and padded railing are plus factors for it.However adjusting the sling is really horrifying. I need to adjust it several times with the help of my husband to get the comfy state..Once you get the correct/comfy length...the sling is ready to go!! 

Ilham loves the  upright  and also tummy-to-tummy positions...she can look around.What I notice is Ilham becomes very calm, relax and quite..she become very observant...after all the surrounding's  wonders fascinate her , she never fail to fall asleep in the sling..

Other advantages of babywearing:
1.Baby wearing is very convenient.
With Ilham in  a sling, I can walk around freely and not have to worry about negotiating steps, crowds or narrow aisles with a stroller. Plus stroller is very bulky, heavy and used up too much space in the car. I have yet to practice  BF is a sling but one advantage when there is no baby's room around is to feed your baby in a sling..it will be as discreet as possible and no one will notice it..sling can also double as a changing pad, blanket, or cushion when away from home. I believe when a Ilham rides in a sling, she is in tune with the rhythm of my breathing.This stimulation helps  to regulate her own physical responses, and controls balance. The sling is in essence a "transitional womb" for the new baby, who has not yet learned to control his bodily functions and movements. Research has shown that premature babies who are touched and held gain weight faster and are healthier than babies who are not. After all, it's only for the first two years  or until  baby's weight is no longer feasible or bearable to be carry by the parent.

2. Baby wearing 

promotes physical development.



3. Baby wearing promotes healthy life for me and my baby
Studies have shown that the more babies are held, the less they cry and fuss...and this is very true. Since I practice baby wearing, Ilham is more manageable. I know and understand her needs. Crying is exhausting for both the baby and his parents. I believe that when babies use less energy on crying, they can use them for calmly observing and actively learning about their environment. It can be challenging for new mothers to find time to exercise.. and for me with my study and taking care of baby..and since my cesarian surgery, I can say goodbye to exercise...but if you carry your baby around It will be dual benefits of walking and "weightlifting". 

4. Baby Wearing is economical.
Price tag of slings, pouches, wraps or mei tai's are far less than all the so called strollers, prams, front-carriers or backpacks. No doubt slings are very useful and economical possessions...and they can be put into the washing machine!!! 


These are some of the reasons to get hooked with baby wearing..XOXO

1 comment:

  1. Your munchkin is sooo cute!!

    Hi! Stopping by from MBC. Great blog.
    Have a nice day!

    ReplyDelete

Sign up for PayPal and start accepting credit card payments instantly.